GitHub refers to an easy tool when it comes to crafting blogs and additional websites. However, everyone cannot get along with this tool automatically. It comes with a high utility value and also comes with lots of drawbacks that prospective users are required to be aware of. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using GitHub.
- Similar to other online report services, guitar comes with a big benefit to have the content inputted in such a format without having to know another system.
- Flavoured markdown is another benefit of using GitHub. It is one of those features that adds some changes to the regular markdown for making it more beneficial in programming environments.
- Collaboration is another benefit of using GitHub. For people who do not remain in the same physical location, an online Git refers to an easy solution needing no setup for new users.
- You do not need to connect with your company’s VPN as it is easier to dump with the collaboration feature of GitHub.
- GitHub does not come with private repositories. This is one of the disadvantages.
- When it comes to high value intellectual property you happen to be putting everything in the hands of GitHub and anyone having a login with many websites and this comes with a chance of security breaches and its targeted constantly.
- Some employers and clients can only allow code on their private secure internal git as far as the matter of policy is concerned.
- Pricing is another potential drawback of GitHub. Some of the features and online repositories happen to be locked behind a SaaS paywall.
- People already having an IT team and internal servers are usually better off when it comes to leverage in their own internal Git for price reasons.
Overall, being a beneficial tool for crafting websites and creating beautiful blogs, Github comes with several disadvantages as well. That’s pretty obvious for all tools. We have already mentioned some of them above. Go through the points as mentioned above to know more about the drawbacks and beneficial features of using GitHub.